This is a circular table medal commemorating the LZ 126. The LZ 126 was a part of Germany’’s war reparations to the victorious allies. Dr. Hugo Eckner, who assumed the Zeppelin Company’s control after Graf Ferdinand von Zeppelin’’s death, personally delivered the LZ 126 to the U. S. Navy at Lakehurst, New Jersey in 1924. [Lakehurst was where the zeppelin Hindenburg exploded thirteen years later]. The LZ 126 became the U. S. S. Los Angeles. The medal’s obverse displays a high-relief likeness of Dr. Hugo Eckner. Its reverse depicts the LZ 126 and the various stops on her voyage to America.