This is a single shoulder strap for an enlisted man/NCO from Pionier-Battalion Nr 8, a Prussian unit that was raised in 1816 following the Napoleonic Wars’ end. It was garrisoned at Koblenz, and attached to the VIII. Armeekorps. The red shoulder strap measures 2″ x 5 ¼.” The battalion number is embroidered in yellow on the obverse. The unit’s name is also noted on the reverse. Soiling is evident on both the obverse and reverse.