This is a pair of Regiment Gardes du Corps leutnant’s shoulder boards. The Regiment was founded in 1740 by Friedrich der Große. It was garrisoned in Potsdam and attached to the Gardekorps. These boards are of the slip-on variety, which is more unusual for a leutnant. They were typically found, however, on coats such as the waffenrock or litewka. More commonly, they came in the sewn-in type board. The boards sport the Regiment Gardes du Corps’ double underlay of red and white. They display prewar silver bullion tops with Prussia’s black chevrons. The pair was tied together in storage. The board that was stored on top shows darkened areas on the bullion where the string was attached. Otherwise, they are in very good condition.