Premiere porcelain firm KPM began serving Prussia’s royal houses in 1763, when they provided King Friedrich the Great’s tableware. The illustrious firm remains in business today, still producing some of the finest porcelain pieces in the world. KPM observed their 150th anniversary of service to the Prussian Crown (including six Kings and three Kaisers) in 1913 by issuing this commemorative plate. The eight-sided plate is made of bisque porcelain. It measures 7″ x 6 3/4″ x 3/4.” The central motif gracing the plate’s obverse is the high-relief images of Friedrich the Great and Kaiser Wilhelm II. The words Königliche Porzellan Manufaktur (KPM) Berlin are featured around the plate’s edges. Below the two rulers’ images the years 1763 and 1913 appear, with the KPM logo in-between them. The plate’s reverse displays all the KPM markings, along with the dates. The plate is housed in a deluxe leatherette presentation case measuring 8″ x 7 1/2.” The case is fitted to house the plate. It is lined with handsome, green, silk material. It is an absolutely gorgeous display item that is nearly 100 years old itself!