The Charlotten Cross from the Kingdom of Württemberg was first authorized by Königin Charlotte (1864-1946). She was the wife of Württemberg’s König Wilhelm II(1849-1921). Charlotte was involved in many women’s organizations. The decoration was instituted for the benefit of women who participated in war aid societies. The cross measures 1 1/2″ x 1 1/2.” This style of cross is called a Budded Cross, and is also known as the Apostles’/Disciples’ Cross, or the Cathedral Cross. In the obverse’s center is a “W” and a “C” for the royal couple. On the reverse is “1916,” for the year the decoration was first authorized. The ribbon is black and yellow, which is typical for many Kingdom of Württemberg decorations. Also on the reverse is a bar attached to the ribbon. It carries the original safety pin for attaching the decoration to a garment. It is a fine original decoration.